The land office Rangers and other community members will be having free volunteer RFS fire training next Tuesday 23rd & Wednesday 24th August mainly at the Council Fire Shed/ Land Office.
On Thursday 25th following the training, the RFS have we requested that the council host a meeting at Council Office at 10.00am ( with CEO authority ) to officially form the Kowanyama Fire Management Group this group managed from Kowanyama by Kowanyama people/ community will form the backbone of KASC response to fires in the community
Education of all community members including youngsters at school is a big part of the planning going forward as is the correct resourcing of plant and equipment for our RFS group here in Kowanyama.
Please below the agenda for the meeting next Thursday
- fire management planning for the town of Kowanyama and the DOGIT
- development of a response strategy for Kowanyama
- community awareness of fire prevention and response
- cooperation with neighbours and other government agencies such as National Parks
- provision of latest information on fire-related policies
- input into local government planning
Please encourage you colleagues and interested community members to attend the meeting in the interests of Kowanyama community and the fire safety of all